Updates and Service Packs in Manchester Northwest
The importance of upgrades and service packs
Nowadays a whole host of IT technology devices and software applications can quickly become out of date. Also, security holes frequently uncovered, bugs fixed and features/capabilities may need to be modified. Many systems contain critical or confidential data, so it is imperative that they are maintained as securely as possible. The most common approach to address this is to apply updates and service packs as soon as they are released. This is also industry best practice.
However, this is not a quick and simple task when you consider that businesses normally:-
- Have a diverse pool of equipment.
- Spread over a wide area.
- Differing models.
- Much IT hardware requires qualified/ knowledgeable personnel to undertake updates.
- Warranties can often be invalidated if equipment is damaged or rendered inoperable inthe process.
- The correct updates have to be located, downloaded, applied and tested.
- Systems, servers, PC's etc may need to be put offline while the services packs and updates are applied.
- Technical problems can and do occur, which may need to be dealt with.
- Sometimes these services/updates need to be applied ASAP which could mean weekends or out of office hours.
- These updates and services often need to be applied manually.
MailSure as your partner
The task of applying service packs/updates is normally the responsibility of in-house technical support department. However, small to medium organisation don't have such resources available. With our skilled engineers and experience MailSure is able to offer your business a proactive and efficient means to ensure your systems have the latest updates.